I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
Today we are travelling back to the Catalunya of the 1990s with a ska song from Discípulos de Otilia performed in English.
I’ve known this song for many, many years, and it is my go-to song when I need a bit of morning power. I’m clearly not a morning person, but today I am facing a massive jetlag and woke up at 4 am.
There’s not much more I know about the band, Discípulos de Otilia. They’re a ska band from the pre-Internet ages, testified by their Myspace account that’s still existing, although the band is not active anymore.
Hopefully this sound can power me through the day today!
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too