I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
There are many villages with funny names in Lorraine, a region in the North-East of France close to the German and Luxemburg borders. Many sound funny in French because of their Germanic root, but most simply sound funny because rural villages names do sound funny, no matter where!
I’ve always had a thing for funny topographic names; for example I’ve always been dreaming to visit cities named Ouagadougou, Dnepropetrovsk, Addis-Abbeba, or Antananarivo.
So I could not ignore this tribute to funny Lorraine names that makes me very eager to travel to and see this places with my own eyes… and sample the local schnapps!
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too