I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
This is a complete collection of clichés about Brittany: from the traditional costume to the savoury pancakes, via the sailor shirt and the use of phrases from traditional songs, as well as the landmarks such as the beautiful coast and the Forest of Brocéliande, none of the stereotypes are missing.
In the videoclip, a couple of Asian tourists gets trapped in the middle of it all and obviously enjoy it a lot, for Brittany is very endearing and, as the song says: “In Brittany we know how to party!”.
I discovered this song at the occasion of a week spent in immersion in Brittany last week. Obviously some locals have attacked the artist for using only clichés about their region, but he claims his aim was just to talk about Brittany in a fun way. Make up your mind and watch it for youself!
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too