I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
I opted for a mood lifter today! Music that makes me happy and makes me want to dance. What else then to share than this classic jazz track played by Benny Goodman and Chick Webb at the legendary Savoy club of New York in 1934.
I am an enthusiastic lindy hop dancer, and have danced a million times on Stompin’ at the Savoy – and hope for many more to come.
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too