I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
Today I’ve selected a song that takes us to North Korea with the Moranbong Band, an all-female phenomenon in the DPRK whose members are said to have been selected by the supreme leader Kim Jong-un himself.
When I was in North Korea in October 2014, this music was being played in a continuous loop, everywhere, all the time. Nevertheless when I expressed the wish to buy a DVD of it, I was told that it was not available in any shop. Whether that was the truth or a lie, like anything in North Korea, I doubt we will ever know!
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too