I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
If all is well, this Monday morning, I am travelling in Cuba, the Internet is scarce, and this pre-scheduled blog will also take you to Cuba, with No le tengo miedo by Los Aldeanos, a rap band from Cuba.
A quick overview of the lyrics:
Sigo escribiendo para mis hermanas y hermanos
sin perder la fe, en el mejoramiento humano
porque la vida, puede ser muy dura desde luego
pero yo reo en las almas buenas y no le tengo miedo
And a quick attempt at a translation:
I keep writing for my sisters and my brothers
Without losing faith in human betterment
Because life can be very hard indeed
But I believe in good souls and I don’t fear it [life]
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too