I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
This week, my Monday morning playlist takes us to Brazil!
And that’s all because I have too much work, way too much work, to take care of my blog this week. This called for a choice that reminds me that not all life should be about work!
I don’t speak Brazilian, so I don’t understand much of the lyrics, but I do feel that there is a lot of irony in here, and it makes me feel a little bit stupid to work so much. Well deserved!
Vai trabalhar, vagabundo
Vai trabalhar, criatura
Deus permite a todo mundo
Passa o domingo em familia
Embarca com alegria
Can someone help me improve the translation?
Go to work, you tramp
Go to work, you creature
God allows each one of us
Spend your Sunday with the family
And the beauty is that Monday,
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too