I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
This week, my Monday morning playlist takes us to Japan with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, the elegant ska heroes whom I will finally have the pleasure to see tonight in London for the first time!
My ears prefer when they sing in Japanese, however this means also that I don’t understand anything to their songs. Even Google Translate is of little help when it comes to Japanese poetry, unfortunately! So it would be great if tonight they distributed a little booklet with a translation of their lyrics 🙂
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too