I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
This week, my Monday morning playlist takes us to Ireland, with the debut tune from the debut album of Irish band Kodaline.
I had never heard this before, and that’s no surprise because it is really not my style; but I am in Ireland today and sought something newer and fresher and less stereotypical to play than U2 or Sinead O’Connor.
The in-flight magazine from Aer Lingus seemed to present Kodaline as the raising Irish phenomenon of the moment – hence the choice.
An overview of some of the lyrics:
In a perfect world, in a perfect world
In a perfect, a perfect world
Touchdown to reality
It’s not exactly what you had in mind, oh
Was it only a matter of time
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too