I propose to start every new week with a song that takes us somewhere in the world.
LINK TO THE VIDEO: Click! (Apologies if I have not been able to find it on Youtube!)
This week, my Monday morning playlist takes us to Berlin where I have just spent a fantastic party weekend.
Yesterday in the U-Bahn (the local version of the metro) I read something about a local band, Der Mann, being quite successful lately and ready to start conquering listeners beyond Germany.
The local press praises the band (Der Mann, which means the man) for its stylistic eclecticity, a funky post-punk sound and unemotional lyrics that mock the way people write online reviews. And the text is an enumeration of all the things that annoy them.
An overview of the lyrics:
Was mich an Bildern stört, sind die Farben.
Was mich an Mustern stört, ist die Struktur.
Was mich an Partys stört, sind die Leute.
What bothers me about pictures, is the colours. What bothers me about patterns, is the structure. What bothers me about parties, is the people
Have a great week!
This post is part of a weekly event called The Monday Travel song. You can participate, too, by doing the following:
- Create your own post every Monday and title it The Monday travel song: xxx by xxx
- Include a link to a song (YouTube link or other)
- It must be a song which is linked to a geography. For example, a Russian song, a Chinese song, a Scottish song… (it can be from your own country every now and then, but remember the purpose is to get others to virtually travel!)
- Your post doesn’t have to be long, but do tell us a little bit about the song… for example by telling about the lyrics, about the composer, about the style…
- Include a link to my own Monday travel song in your post tag it “Monday-travel-song” so others can find it too